Friday, November 11, 2011

November so far

I just posted 2 other posts before this one.  I mentioned in one that I am going to start posting only once a month (with surprise posts here and there... this is mostly for MY sanity instead of feeling the urge to get the pictures posted as quick as possible).  This month has already had blog-worthy events and it's just going to keep getting better so I wanted to get these posts done before I forget.


 There is this cute little park about 10 minutes away from our house. Suson Park. It's got farm animals, a fishing pond, and a park all in 1 spot. It is awesome. We went with our friends this last week and I just took a couple of pictures.  This video is of some Italian guy letting the kids touch a fish he caught.  I hate listening to myself in this video.  But the Italian guy's accent is beautiful and my sis Jeni will appreciate his accent, since she lived in Italy for 18 months.  Fer-fer, this is for you.


Ruby and Gus.  Ruby's got plenty of prospective husbands already!  Too bad they're in separate strollers.

Amelia's reaction to the horse.

Play-doh pastime.  We built our family +Shane.  (Amelia's request.  Shane is our next door neighbor's grandson.  We see him a lot of times and obviously he is a favorite!)


I was defenseless against them.  Picking my battles.  It came off easy in the tub.

Conrad's first field trip.  Powder Valley Nature Conservation place.  The kids loved it.  I took Amelia and Ruby, too.


Nature Walk.  Our guide was telling us something about the difference between antlers and horns.  My kids were definitely bugging me at this point.  (Amelia whining, Conrad uncooperative).   
 Today I did a pretend Thanksgiving Dinner for Josh since we won't be here over Thanksgiving.  He works til 6 or 7 anyway that night so I wanted to make sure he got his fill of mashed potatoes and pie.
This morning, however, while I was up to my elbows in turkey (literally!) Conrad came to me and said he found some feathers.  I took one look at him and I knew I was in for it.  I went downstairs (after I washed my hands) and saw this:
poor doll.

It could have been soo much worse!!!!! 

 They found a down-feather pillowcase.  Conrad had a classic Curious Conrad moment.  He saw 1 feather poking out, decided to pull it out.  He saw more and more, and ended up ripping the whole pillow apart.

 I gave them a bath and sent them to their rooms while I finished preparing the turkey (they were in there for almost an hour).  Josh came home and saved the day.  He cleaned it up for me, bless him. 

The only pictures I took of our pretend Thanksgiving are of the kids eating their Razzleberry Pie.  Remember this from 3 years ago?  My Aunt Dianne hooked me up!!!  She sent me some Pie Tone and I finally got the gumption to make it.  Awesome pie, people.  I don't know why I waited so long to make it.  Intimidation?  Child-rearing?

Happy Thanksgiving, Josh! 
Next week I travel to Utah for my sister's wedding!

8 comments:

kate said...

Oh how we miss you guys! Hope the rest of your Holidays are good and Josh is home a little to enjoy them!

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow. Those kids look like little stinks. Cute little stinks, but stinks nonetheless. :) Go you for making that pie. I'm sure Dianne will be proud. :)

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood. I didn't know down came in any color but white... hmmm. The face painting: pretty darn good if they did it themselves! At first I thought you had done it for Halloween.

Pie Tone: I need to make friends with it! Or with pie making. At least with cooking.

The little green family? I count six people. I just figured out Shane is one of the little green people. Cute!

Italian Guy: Yeah, he is fun to listen to. Next time would you pan up and show us his face?

FUN!!! Love you!! Mom

aLi said...

Ma, he was this cute little old man with white hair, a big grin and a hobble. He was darling.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

I love it, Ali! Go fishing again, all right? LOVE YOU!!!! SEE YOU IN 4 DAY!!!!!

Grandma Hoss said...

I think that you are wonderful, and I bet Josh appreciated you thinking of him. The pie sounds good and the kids looked like they really enjoyed it too. The pillow is funny, someday you will think so as well. I'm impressed that all you did was put them in their rooms. I agree with your mom they did a pretty good job of coloring on themselves. Did they color on anything else? Way cute post.

Love Colleen (Kim's mom)

Jeni said...

You-a-wanna-toucha-feesh-again??
Thanks Ali!
We can't wait to see you today!!!!

Duane + Lisa said...

:(
I'm sad we don't live closer... dinner sounded wonderful!! It would have been fun to get together. Let try for next month!
Lisa