...get married.
ha.
Erin is now Mrs. Richins and I am so soo tickled pink for her.
It was a beautiful sealing. So beautiful. I bawled through it. There is just nothing more beautiful than getting married in a temple. It made me pine for my Josh. I wish I could've held his hand and gazed into his eyes. I'm sorry I'm getting lovey dovey mushy gushy but it's just the truth.
I am so tired my eyes are glazing.
But I am so grateful Erin and Cade are married and they chose the temple. The sealer in the temple gave wise words to Erin and Cade. He told each of them to love each other and to be the best they can be for each other. To give each other their very best and then they would never have any problems. To stay clean, to stay righteous, to hold the gospel very close. He told them to have kids! He told them to live meagerly, and if they wanted something, that they should borrow it from their parents. ha! He told them to be wise with their money and not spend it on things they didn't need.
I was sitting in a spot where I could see Cade's face just right. It made me so happy to see him gaze upon Erin with love and gentleness. He is such a cute boy. My own little brother. :)
Tonight I am grateful for little tender mercies through out the day. I had no clue where my children were most of the night (except Ruby). It was a difficult day. It's hard to be a single mom, but I had brothers carry Ruby's carseat here and there, nieces advise Amelia to stay away from the fountains at the temple (it was cold! and she came so close to falling into the pool of water a few times!), cousins for my kids to play with at the reception while I mingled with friends from the past, neices play with my kids so I could clean my room (it was a tornado zone).
Even Amelia waking up at 6:30 am this morning screaming her head off was a tender mercy. Erin's alarm didn't go off like she was expecting it to so Amelia was her wake-up call. Funny. Amelia was only 30 minutes late for Erin's liking, but all that matters now is that Erin is now Mrs. Richins!!!
6 comments:
It all sounds like a wonderful day. I too am happy for Erin. She looked beautiful, and they looked happy.
Love Colleen (Kim's mom)
What a sweet post. I wish someone would have recorded what our sealer advised us on our wedding day... this is a priceless treasure for them.
Thanks so much for this Ali... It really was so perfect. Kim is right, thank you sooooo much for recording what our sealer said... I had already forgotten half of that! That really was such a special and sweet moment, I am so grateful for the temple! That hands down was the best part of the whole day... Thanks to Amelia also! without her I would have been way more than 10 minutes late to the temple :) It was so amazing to have you here and I couldn't be more grateful for all of your help! (the cake was delicious and gorgeous!!!!) You are wonderful!!!!
This is my second attempt to comment. The BLOWING wind knocked my power out for a second and I lost my comment. It was a good one. Something about how wonderful it was to have you here. And I am SO glad you remembered what Pres. Mac said because I had forgotten until I read your post.
Truly, Ali, your making Erin's cake was a gift of love. The whole wedding was wonderful and we had SO MUCH help. Jeni's "staff" was over the top!!! I LOVED IT!!!
Love you tons!!! MOM
ps. the neighbor's blue spruce across the street just went down. Jeni counted 78+ trees down on So. Weber Drive between her home and 1900 E. WOW!
Thank you from your Mom for what you wrote!!! I didn't remember any of the things until now! It WAS such a beautiful day. I feel bad I didn't help you more, but I was kind of in a daze, I think, the whole day!
Thanks to all our family, friends, and loved ones for all their help. It truly was an amazing and beautiful day.
Making the wedding cake, Ali, was truly a gift of love! SO PERFECT!!!
Thanks
Great post. It is always good to be reminded about temple sealings and what we can learn if we listen to our leaders. We all need to be reminded about what their sealer said. Very cool.
Post a Comment